NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING
1. Description: The “Japan THANKS-A-MILLION Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 pm PT on April 14, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT on April 28, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted outside the Entry Period are void. The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Japan National Tourism Organization (“Sponsor”). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Project M, Inc. (“Administrator”). The Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence at the time of entry. The employees of the Sponsor, the Administrator or others associated with the Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as their immediate family, associates and household members, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Winner and his/her travel companion shall be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (“Affidavit and Release”) as a condition to the delivery of the winning prize, except where prohibited.
4. Prize: Five (5) prizes will be awarded for the winner and the winner’s guest travel companion. The approximate retail value (ARV”) of each prize is $4,000. The ARV of all prizes is $20,000. Air fares reflected on tickets awarded as prizes may be different from the ARV. The actual value of each prize will depend on the location of each prize winner, fares at the time of travel, and similar factors. For this reason, the actual value of each prize at the time it is fulfilled may be lower or higher than the ARV. Any difference between the actual value and ARV will not be awarded. Entries and prizes are nontransferable. Each awarded trip must be booked by June 30, 2016 and completed by March 31, 2017. Each prize includes the following: Two (2) coach class round-trip air tickets for the winner and one guest on ANA (All Nippon Airways) from the major U.S. airport closest to the winner’s home to Tokyo, Japan (Haneda or Narita Airport). The prize ticket is not valid for code share flights with United Airlines or any Star Alliance team. No winner may change his/her flight schedule once tickets are issued. If a winner cancels his/her tickets or trip, the winner will not be compensated in any way. No ANA, United Airlines or any other frequent flyer mileage will be awarded. Airport taxes associated with travel prizes will be covered by the Sponsor. Transfers to and from the U.S. airport are not included. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Tickets are non-refundable, non-reroutable and non-endorsable. Airport transfers between Haneda or Narita Airports and any hotel in Japan are not included. Fuel surcharges are included in each prize. Each winner and guest will be responsible for all expenses not specifically provided as part of the prize, including but not limited to, service charges, local transportation, hotel accommodations in Japan, overnight accommodations prior to, during or following the travel dates, taxes (other than airport taxes), insurance, gratuities, meals, beverages, incidentals and any items of a personal nature. Black-out dates may apply. Each winner and guest is responsible for procuring appropriate documentation for travel to Japan. Reservations for flights must be made through Administrator and/or its affiliated companies. No prize may be exchanged for cash. No transfer, assignment or substitution of any prize by any winner or guest is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Should any winner selected not be able to accept a prize or should a potential winner be otherwise disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to select and award such prize to another winner using random selection from among the remaining eligible entries.
5. Taxes: Prize winners are responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local income, sales, excise or other taxes (other than airport taxes) that may apply, and no Sweepstakes Entity shall be liable for any such expense.
6. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
7. Selection of Winners and Notification: A random drawing will take place within 10 business days after the Sweepstakes entry deadline from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential winners will be notified by the Sponsor or the Administrator by telephone or email. Each potential winner and his or her guest will be required, within five (5) days of the attempted notification, to verify his or her correct address and return a completed Affidavit and Release (i.e., affidavit of eligibility, waiver of liability and agreement for publicity releases) in the prescribed form (except where prohibited by law). Failure of any winner (or designated guest) to respond or return any required Affidavit and Release (properly completed and executed) within the specified time may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries.
8. Condition of Participation and Release: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, each entrant (and guest) agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective successors, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury including death, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of any prize. Except to the extent prohibited by law, each entrant (and guest) authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software, or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use if a prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. The applicable Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. The applicable Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit anyone from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine a person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Sweepstakes entrants and/or the representatives of any Sweepstakes Entity. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant further agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the release contained herein are hereby expressly and forever waived. Each entrant acknowledges that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
9. Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, to the extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant, winner and guest hereby waive all damages other than such person’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes), including without limitation, all punitive, incidental or consequential damages, attorneys’ fees, and fee multiplication awards. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitation or exclusion may not apply to every entrant.
11. List of Winners: For a winners list, send an email with subject line “Japan THANKS-A-MILLION Sweepstakes – Request for Winners List” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within six (6) after the entry deadline.
12. Sweepstakes Entities: Japan National Tourism Organization, 340 E. 2nd Street, Suite 302, Los Angeles, CA 90012; Administrator: Project M, Inc. 222 North Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 2000, El Segundo, CA 90245, and other associated entities.