January 31, 2011, Tokyo – Hotel Okura Co., Ltd. (Headquarters:Minato-ku, Tokyo; President: Toshihiro Ogita) and JAL Hotels Co., Ltd.(Headquarters: Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo; President: Marcel P. van Aelst) will start offering shared membership benefits to members of both companies' frequent guest programs starting on February 1, 2011.
This is a step forward in the companies' joint marketing efforts, following the launch of a joint reservation service on December 10, 2010. The companies stated that sharing membership benefits is an attempt to improve quality and convenience for members of both programs: Okura Club International (OCI) and My JALHotels (MYJ).
Under the new program rules, OCI members will receive the same benefits that MYJ members are offered when they stay at a hotel in JAL Hotels' Nikko Hotels International and Hotel JAL City groups. MYJ members will also receive the same benefits that OCI members are offered when they stay at a hotel in the Okura Hotels & Resorts group.
Since members of both programs will earn bonus points and mileage by staying at any of the Okura and JAL Hotels properties, they will now benefit from having a larger list of hotels where they can earn points and mileage. OCI members will be able to earn 10 to 20 OCI points per night at a Nikko Hotels International or Hotel JAL City property. They will be able to exchange accumulated points for a stay at a JAL Hotels property. The MYJ members will also be able to stay at an Okura Hotels & Resorts property and earn 200-500 standard miles, plus bonus miles according to their membership status. (MYJ members will need to be eligible for JMB "JAL MILEAGE BANK" miles.)
Okura Club International, with 270,000 members, was founded in 1963. My JALHotels, with 80,000 members, was founded in May, 2010. Hotel Okura and JAL Hotels intend to improve their services further over time and to offer additional convenience for their guests by using their partnership to create synergy.
About Hotel Okura Co., Ltd.
Hotel Okura Co., Ltd., founded in 1958, opened its flagship hotel, Hotel Okura Tokyo, in 1962. With capital of 3 billion yen, the company has extensive business operations in the hospitality and related industries, such as asset ownership, management and technical assistance and consulting. Hotel Okura Co., Ltd. operates international hotel group Okura Hotels & Resorts under its corporate philosophy, "Best A.C.S. (Accommodation, Cuisine and Service)." Since its establishment in 1978, Okura Hotels " Resorts has built a high-quality global network in and outside Japan. Okura's signature hospitality, Japanese sensibility and attention to detail blended with western high-functionality offers comfort and relaxation to guests worldwide. As of January 31, 2011, the group consists of 20 hotels (15 in Japan and five overseas) with a total of 6,237 guest rooms. The company plans to open 488-room Hotel Okura Macau in 2011, as well as a 208-room hotel in Taipei and a 242-room hotel in Bangkok in 2012. For more information and photos, visit http://www.okura.com/press
About JAL Hotels Co., Ltd. JAL Hotels Co., Ltd., a member of the Hotel Okura Group, headquartered in Tokyo, operates Nikko Hotels International, an international luxury hotel group. In addition to Nikko Hotels International, JAL Hotels also operates Hotel JAL City, a chain of 13 mid-priced business hotels in Japan. As of January 31, 2011, JAL Hotels operates 58 hotels worldwide, in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and throughout Japan and the Asia/Pacific. Plans for additional Nikko Hotels openings include 411-room Hotel Nikko Guangzhou, 436-room Hotel Nikko Xiamen and 475-room Hotel Nikko Suzhou in China; and 335-room Hotel Nikko Saigon in Vietnam. For more information and photos, visit http://jalhotels.mediaroom.com.
Okura Club International (OCI) membership benefits
Benefits available at Nikko Hotels International and Hotel JAL City properties:
OCI point benefits
- Standard members: earn 10-20 points per night
- Loyal members: earn 50% additional bonus points in addition to the above points
- Standard members: free morning papers, restaurant and bar discount (10% off at Nikko Hotels International properties and 5% off at Hotel JAL City properties); individual hotels may offer additional benefits
- Loyal members: free early check-in and late check-out, room upgrade (subject to availability) in addition to all above benefits offered to standard members
My JALHotels (MYJ) membership benefits
Benefits available at Okura Hotels & Resorts properties:
JMB accommodation mile benefits
Guests who are both MYJ members and JAL Mileage Bank (JMB) members earn 200-500 miles per stay. Plus,
- Standard members: additional 10% JMB bonus miles (due to Silver benefit campaign running until Dec. 31, 2011)
- Silver members: additional 10% JMB bonus miles
- Gold members: additional 30% JMB bonus miles
* In order to earn above miles, a guest must stay with a JMB Hotel Miles Eligible Plan
- Standard and Silver members: free morning papers, free late check-out; individual hotels may offer additional benefits, such as priority reservations, room rate discounts, express check-in, pool and gym discounts, welcome drink, flower service, free mineral water and laundry coupon (one per three nights).
- Gold members: extended late check-out in addition to all above services for Standard and Silver members; individual hotels may offer additional benefits
|Press Release||Japan Map/Video||Japan Photo Archive||Japan Travel Specialist Program||Travel Trade||Meeting/Incentives||LGBT|