Ekikara Hiking (Hiking from the Station) events are one-day events starting from stations throughout the eastern Japan area that anyone can participate in easily. They consist of hiking while experiencing the historical buildings and abundant nature of the areas around the stations. Participation is free of charge. Participation in the Ekikara Hiking event is very simple! All you need to do is apply through this website and then go to the reception counter at the hiking spot on the day of the event!
The hiking from Omiya Station is going to be held for 9 days: you can participate on any day from January 29, 2011 (Sat) to February 6, 2011 (Sun). Participation is free of charge so by all means take this opportunity to gain some wonderful memories of travelling in Japan!
*However, if you wish to experience wearing the kimono please choose one of the following 4 days: January 29 (Sat), January 30 (Sun), February 5 (Sat), or February 6 (Sun). Please note that there is a charge for this event.
|Application Time||9:00 - 11:00|
|Nearest Station||Omiya Station The route to Omiya Station|
|Reception Area||Omiya Station Information Center Click here for the layout of Omiya Station|
|Walking Time||Approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes (excluding tours of establishments)|
|Walking Distance||Approx. 8 km|
|Tour Fee||Free of charge|
|Reception Hours at the End of the Course||Until 3 pm (The reception at the end of the course is the same as the starting point: the Omiya Station Tourist Information Center.)|
|Lunch||Feel free to bring your own lunch.|
|Guide||Basically no guide is provided. Each participant is free to walk around where he/she likes, using his/her map to find the way to each destination.|
Points to Note:
* Some establishments charge an admission fee. In this case, please purchase an admission ticket on arrival at the establishment.
* You will be walking for about 2 hours and 30 minutes so please wear sturdy clothes and shoes, etc. on the hike.
* The event will still take place even if it is raining on the day. In the event of rain please bring your rain gear with you.
* Please take all of your trash home with you. Thank you for your cooperation.
* Entry fees are required for the Omiya Bonsai Art Museum and the Railway Museum. If you present the Original Can Badge at the reception areas of these two facilities, the entry fees will be discounted.
For more information website: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/hiking/omiya/