Effective from June 2015, longer stay programs for sightseeing or recreation have commenced. This makes it possible for foreign national travelers to stay for a maximum of one year, previously it was only allowed up to 90 days.
Requirements for eligible persons under this program:
- • Foreign nationals, citizens and their accompanying spouses of countries to which Japan implements visa exemption measures. Children are not allowed to accompany.
- • Foreign nationals at the age of 18 years or above. (There is no age limit for spouses.)
- • Personal savings must be equivalent to 30 million Japanese yen and over.
- • If applicant’s spouse does not apply as an accompanying traveler and wants to sit separately under this program, the applicant and spouse must own savings equivalent to more than 60 million Japanese yen in total.
- • Subscriber to a private medical insurance covering death, injury and illness during his/her stay.
For more information, please visit here.