Travelling within Japan can sometimes require deep pockets, but now foreign visitors can travel domestically at an extremely reasonable rate thanks to Japan Airlines’ “Japan Explorer Pass” which offers year-round travel to 30 cities in Japan Airlines’ domestic network. There is a fixed fee of 10,800 yen (includes tax) per flight for 1-5 domestic flights (also called sectors) by Japan Airlines’ Group sold in one-way flights with a maximum of five flights. For example: Tokyo-Osaka-Fukuoka (2 flights or sectors) = 21,600 yen.
Eligibility for the Japan Explorer Pass:
- 1. The pass can only be used by non-residents of Japan who arrive and depart by international flights (includes Japanese customers with permanent residences overseas)
- 2. It is applicable for domestic flights operated by Japan Airlines and Japan Transocean Air.
- 3. Reservations may not be changed after ticket purchase
- 4. Non-refundable
- 5. The ticket must be purchased via Japan Airlines’ websites including the new three overseas English websites for the Americas, the U.K., and Hong Kong
- 6. The ticket is available for purchase up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the domestic flight
- 7. No restriction on which airline is used to fly to and from Japan
These prices are really a boon to visitors who would like to explore Japan, especially when traveling long distance, such as flying from Tokyo to Kyushu, Okinawa, or Hokkaido.
For more information, please visit here.